Stefan Barden is a Portfolio NED and Adviser to selected high growth businesses, as well as being an occasional investor. Stefan Barden is an experienced and entrepreneurial FTSE 250 CEO supporting selected Entrepreneurs and Investment funds build ever more successful companies in the UK, Europe and internationally; with a focus on hyper-growth.
Stefan currently supports a portfolio of 5 businesses which aspire to be at the leading edge of change in their industries. He supports management teams deliver step change value by aiding their setting of clear strategies, creating a positive performance culture that ‘gets work done’, and in helping build strong teams.
Stefan has an exceptional track record, including:
• CEO of Wiggle Ltd (Online Cycling Retailer): Sales taken from £140m to £360m+, Employees from #350 to #1,000:
• CEO of Brake Brothers, UK& Ireland: Sales £1.8bn, Employees #7,500
• Group MD of iForce: Sales £30m, Employees #500 Public Companies
• CEO of Northern Foods, FTSE 250 listed: Sales £1bn, Employees #10,000
• CEO of H.J.Heinz, UK&Ireland, NYSE listed: Sales £1bn, Employees # 2,500
• General Manager – Grocery, Iceland Foods: Sales £450m, Employees #100 Pro Bono
• HRH Prince Charles, Ambassador to Yorkshire & Humber, 2009
• Chairman of Business In the Community, Yorkshire & Humber, 2008-2010
• NED, IMPROVE (Sector Skills Body for Food Manufacturers), 2007-2011
When I worked with Stefan in his role as CEO of Northern Foods I found him to be a very passionate driven and sharp CEO. He was open to fresh and new ideas to challenging orthodoxy, to making change happen against considerable resistance and to bring in the freshest new global best practice ideas. I’ve never known a CEO who is as thorough and plan-full as Stefan is. Not only did he focus on improving the business, making good decisions quickly but he also looked after his physical health and well-being. He is made himself into a very high performing triathlete clocking up many miles in the saddle, swimming and running. He was in his element in Wiggle Ltd.