Richard Bourne CEO Martin’s Properties
After graduating from the University of Reading, Richard became a commercial developer with John Laing Property in 1999 and then Kier Property. In 2005 he moved to a private family office where he led the business through the aftermath of the 2008 GFC, generating a 50% increase in portfolio value and reduction in gearing by 30% over 8 years.
He is now managing director of Martin’s Properties, a privately owned property company with a prestigious multi-sector portfolio and core assets in Chelsea. He is embarking on an ambitious strategy to substantially grow the business over the next 5 years. Richard is a team orientated leader who tries to lead through inspiration and example. He is highly driven and competitive, as evidenced by recent ultra-marathon challenges! He has put a number of ultra marthons under his belt and faced many challenges in the last few years, yet still found a way through.
He believes leaders have a responsibility to get the best out of people and that teams need clear goals and focus. He regularly shares with his team the vision and mission statement, allied with business KPI’s. He believes each member of the team should be able to see their individual and collective input towards business objectives.
Chartered Surveyor with extensive experience in leading businesses and teams to deliver performance against strategy. Detailed knowledge of commercial and residential property development, investment and asset management with a proven track record of acquiring, letting, managing, refurbishing and selling property to deliver substantial profits. Specialisms include:
– Devising and implementing business strategies to maximise performance and deliver required returns
– Financial management
– Devising and implementing corporate and property marketing strategies, branding and PR
– Creating and implementing risk management procedures and processes
– Delivering strong risk adjusted returns
– Creating and leading multi-disciplinary teams, both internally and externally
– Creating and implementing asset management, refurbishment, change of use and development strategies
– Sales and acquisitions against agreed targets